Welcome to the new home of Modern Testing. The AB Testing Podcast is now hosted at Anchor FM, but Brent and I (and probably some of the three) will add content here from time to time.
Discuss the Podcast
Join our slack group to talk to us (and other listeners) about the podcast, modern testing, or whatever else is on your mind.
The Modern Testing Mission Statement
Accelerate the Achievement of Shippable Quality
The MT Principles
These continue to be a work in progress – feel free to add comments, or join our slack group for a more detailed discussion.
The seven principles of Modern Testing are:
- Our priority is improving the business.
- We accelerate the team, and use models like Lean Thinking and the Theory of Constraints to help identify, prioritize and mitigate bottlenecks from the system.
- We are a force for continuous improvement, helping the team adapt and optimize in order to succeed, rather than providing a safety net to catch failures.
- We care deeply about the quality culture of our team, and we coach, lead, and nurture the team towards a more mature quality culture.
- We believe that the customer is the only one capable to judge and evaluate the quality of our product.
- We use data extensively to deeply understand customer usage and then close the gaps between product hypotheses and business impact.
- We expand testing abilities and knowhow across the team; understanding that this may reduce (or eliminate) the need for a dedicated testing specialist.
Modern Testing Principles by AB Testing is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.